Sunday, September 15, 2013

A 20 Minutes Test of Faith



Give me a smile. Yes, perfect. That smile it overflows into the soul and you can see it glowing into the eyes. What wonderful way to greet someone in the morning and what a generous way to start a day. The sun shines so nicely. It wasn't hot nor cold. It was perfect. A new bud of a rose bloom, same as the other flowers in the garden, each has a different color of butterfly too.

As I go through the garden, I heard Julia, a dear friend of mine calling from a far with Linda her buddy. Its time to sip a warm coffee, I thought. I greet and kiss them hello as I lead them to the dinning area. This was not the first time neither a routine. This is the moment that we both together loved. As I prepare something to sip with the coffee, I realized how much I miss a dear friend of mine which i never saw for a years now. So, on that very day in the afternoon, I packed my things and go.

It wasn't felt like a 10-12 hours flight at all. I slept in the plain long way I realized we already reached. Passengers started pulling their luggage on the overhead cabin. We met since high school. I remember how we told secrets and dream together with the lights off on her room one night I slept over at their house. I reached my luggage and gentle passed through the aisle out on the plain and through the immigration. This is the other side of the world. Were eye contact and smile on stranger means something. I nod to the officer and quickly look for the nearest toilet as I forgot to put  my cover up.

She was there waiting at the arrival area. She grows thinner and eyes sunken with her hair cut short. She must be busy nevertheless she is still beautiful. A kind of beauty which any man would glance at her for a second time, and if you'd ask her if she already meet someone special, she said, "Man in this country doesn't appeal to me". Most of the gentleman on this country were handsome, broad shoulder and sparkling white teeth. Any lady would eye for. I never asked why for I already knew the reason. My heart was so excited for all the things that we are going to talk to and catch up with. There is a hole inside my heart that only she can understand.  We hug each other and that moment I can see on her eyes a tears she preventing to let go by blinking. I felt that I came on the right time  that my friend need me the most.

She drove, as we passed through a land which  few people live. The temperature was moderately high. The sun was on its full heat. Glad that her air conditioning was in good condition and can compensate the warm weather outside. We reached through a tall and wide gate. An isolated land which nobody knows what is inside  until your in as the wall was high enough. The gate opens on its own. I think there most be a camera or something to recognize the car.

She said she took a  days leave and that we are heading on the staff house. I asked her where is she working, she pointed at the northern part of the land, about a few miles apart. There was a couple of building around about 7th floor high. It was all staff houses. I wonder how big was the company. She lead me through the club house. Into the dinning area, tables and chair occupied the whole place, around 250-300 people can eat at the same time. She goes into the kitchen to prepare something for us to eat, I was left outside. She is going to prepare the food by herself, I asked where is the chef, but she was gone.

I walk around to get to know the place. The area wasn't so full only few people around wearing corporate clothes. I rattled by the loud siren coming from the speaker somewhere. It was so loud that everybody make there way out to the open space at the ground. Until I realized that they were doing a a routine and it was a ritual. I stand in faze. The siren stop and the whole place was noiseless, only the sound of the kitchen ware from my friends cooking at the back.

I noticed that they were all starring at me. Yes, all of them looking at me, why? I'm starting to tremble. Their gaze was burning with anger. I heard from someone from a far shout "Make her stop". I hardly breath. I don't know this people. I want ed to run and ask held to my friend until a group of men  goes into the kitchen. Their were mad about the noise. They want a total silent in this particular time. I quickly run to my friend and hug her. They continue what they have to do. Their ritual lasted a minutes. Holding on to each other, I am thankful that they just left us both alone, safe.

After the rituals, I saw a familiar face.I am happy to see him. He asked me how was everything back home. I said. "All fine - the usual". He smile. I told him how much I changed. " God changed me, I am now living with purpose and direction", I added. he show me his crook smile. I am about to ask what it is in his mind but a dread looking man interrupted. His wide eyes questioning. I bit he heard our conversation from a far. My friend Jose stand up and I get on my feet too as I can feel the tension between the three of us. He looked down at me and asked " Are you talking about God?", I never answer as if I never hear anything. He is mad now, I can see the veins on his neck protruding and i heard his teeth grinned. He showed me a dick of card. He said "Pick one, I will show you the real god is". I ignore, I never dare to move. Not knowing, we are now surrounded by a bunch of people. Side by side. They may like the suspense that it gives. I may think that this man is the leader.

He grabbed me on my forearm with force that I can see the mark of his hands on it. He lead me through the center and all of them follows. He again said "Speak", "Pick a card". I took a deep breath with a determination I blurted "No". He was dismayed. I reckon no one disappointed and rejected him before. I gather myself and before he talk again, I said "My God is the God of all. The God of the poor and the riches. The God of the impossible..."

It was on this heightened emotion that i woke up. I look through the watch at my bedside table it was 1100 pass 10 minutes in the morning. I usually wake up at 1030.

No comments:

Post a Comment